Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

overlib.js Headaches...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STReNT
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:49 pm    Post subject: overlib.js Headaches... Reply with quote

Ok I finnaly decided to download and give smarty a try as I am looking to code my own website and move away from precoded CMS's.. anyway to the point..

I upload it all and since ive never used the demo I take a look at it.. I get a runtime error or 2 but I was just assuming it was caused by google popup blocker (1 of the errors was caused by that...) so the the other error was caused by the JS call function.

I had a look at the source of the page and it appears a few closing single quotes are missing. but i then relised the js file is not included with smarty anymore, so i download and put it in the appropriate directory.

Still no luck.. figure it must be the missing closing quotes so i have a look through the popup functions.

I had to make several corrections on lines 34, 68, 83 and 87

Line 34
Code:
$append .= ",'" . strtoupper($_key) . "','" . str_replace("'","\'",$_value) . "'";

Line 68
Code:
 $append .= ",'" . strtoupper($_key) . "','$_value'";

Line 83
Code:
if ($_value) $append .= ",'" . strtoupper($_key) . "'";

Line 87
Code:
$append .= ",'" . strtoupper($_key) . "',$_value";

Still didn't work... So then i had to open up the header.tpl file from the demo templates and replace Line 3 to..

Line 3
Code:
{popup_init src="javascripts/overlib.js"}

Hurrah it works!!

anyway yeah just letting you know there is a problem there....
Duncan
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you download the latest version? There was one released just today.

I am asking, because there were problems with the popup function in versions prior to Version 2.6.3. The CVS already included the fix for quite a while, but unless you're running 2.6.3. already, I would recommend that you upgrade.
dvdcsere
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem like STReNT with the freshly downloaded Smarty.
He's right, the overlib.js is missing from the installation and the path is absolute to the root directory of the webserver.

<script type="text/javascript" language="JavaScript" src=" Cool / Cool javascripts/overlib.js"></script>

I'm solved this little problem on my own, but please correct this problem to prevent other users to be unsatisfied with the demo.
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dvdcsere wrote:
I'm solved this little problem on my own, but please correct this problem to prevent other users to be unsatisfied with the demo.

my vote is to remove the {popup}-function from the demo then.
Duncan
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No,
I wouldn't remove it from the demo, because so far that plugin is one of the first features one tries to start using. (I know I did and several posts in the forums indicate the same)
However, I recall a note in the readme or maybe in the demo file itself, which stated, that the overlib.js file is *not* included, therefore it should be obvious, that you need to install it and change the demo template to reflect those changes - speaking path-wise.
...and isn't it oh so nice, once you finally got it working Wink ?
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with messju--it should be gone from the demo and even the distribution, IMHO.

I think it would be nice if there was a separate distribution of 3rd party tools/plugins/demos but I don't think the base Smarty package should endeavor to support that need. Personally, I'd just as soon keep any tool that had client-side libraries out of Smarty's base. They make great addons, of course Wink

Sure, people like to test out the demos--because they are there. If there was a 3rd party bundle, they would try that out too, I'm sure. This has been talked about many times and I know I have brought it up myself a number of times, but it appears no one has had the time to really flesh something like that out. If someone wants to walk up to the plate this time and get that party started...

Well, as always, that's just my opinion, so do tell if you think otherwise.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: