Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

session variables in smarty

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ogar
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: session variables in smarty Reply with quote

Dear Sir,
I have tears wellings up in my eyes Crying or Very sad from trying to get sessions to work in smarty. I have smarty runing and formsess. Both are working great Laughing , however, I can't get sessions to work properly Mad .
I've tried to understand by going all over the internet and trying to get an answer, and I thought I knew how to use them. Obviously not! Shocked
Could you explain it to me or give some examples.
I'm using "session start()" whenever I open a php file.
Please don't type the answer too fast as my brain is fried and I can't read too fast.
thx...
Duncan
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of problem are you experiencing?
The session management lies out of smartys (default) functionality, so that the problem could be basically anything - the server, php settings, wrong session usage.

Best thing I can recommend for now is that you take a closer look at the session functions provided by php: http://ca.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php
katana
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not have to do anything particular to get sessions running.

Just use session_start() before using any session var, and it should work. You just have to ensure that session.save_path is correct (phpinfo()) will give you its value, and ensure that the session ID is corectly transmitted between pages (either using cookies, or using a GET / POST variable).

As Duncan said, the sessions reference page on the PHP manual should give you any information you need.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: