Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

smartyvalidate & how it display message

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
limbhg
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:12 am    Post subject: smartyvalidate & how it display message Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I am new to smarty, after reading all these articles, i am still stuck n not sure how it works. I also noticed there are not many people using smartyvalidate class? not many posts under addson.

{validate form="form1" field="address" criteria="notEmpty" message="address cannot be empty"}

above e.g. show to validate form1 and address field which criteria is notEmpty. the message is 'address cannot be empty'

if i dun enter any value to the address field, and i hit "submit" . what will i get?

unlike javascript, i can set alert('address cannot be empty'); but smartyvalidate, how it works? i know it is checked at serverside, but how does the server display the error message at the client side?

thanks.
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: smartyvalidate & how it display message Reply with quote

limbhg wrote:
I am new to smarty, after reading all these articles, i am still stuck n not sure how it works. I also noticed there are not many people using smartyvalidate class? not many posts under addson.

Probably because SmartyValidate is pretty new, only a month or two old.

limbhg wrote:

{validate form="form1" field="address" criteria="notEmpty" message="address cannot be empty"}

above e.g. show to validate form1 and address field which criteria is notEmpty. the message is 'address cannot be empty'

if i dun enter any value to the address field, and i hit "submit" . what will i get?

unlike javascript, i can set alert('address cannot be empty'); but smartyvalidate, how it works? i know it is checked at serverside, but how does the server display the error message at the client side?

thanks.

The error message is displayed by the tag itself when you redraw the form (after is_valid() fails.) Alternatively, you can assign your error messages to a template variable and then use that instead.

Try the examples that come with SmartyValidate, maybe it will become clearer.
limbhg
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi morht,

thanks man...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: