Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Migrating from Unix to Windows

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EsmereldaPea
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Migrating from Unix to Windows Reply with quote

I've got an install that I've moved from Unix to Windows (not my choice). I'm getting this error:

Quote:
Warning: main(Smarty.class.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\InetPub\Hosted\domain.com\admin\common.inc.php on line 24

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pearVery Happy:/InetPub/Hosted/domain.com/smarty:D:/InetPub/Hosted/domain.com/adodb:D:/InetPub/Hosted/domain.com/') in D:\InetPub\Hosted\domain.com\admin\common.inc.php on line 24

I have this as the config in common.inc.php:

Quote:
$GLOBALS[SITENAME] = "domain.com";
$GLOBALS[DB] = "domaindb";
$GLOBALS[DB_SERVER] = "mysql";
$GLOBALS[DB_LOGIN] = "domain";
$GLOBALS[DB_PASSWORD] = "password";
$GLOBALS[HTTP_HOST] = "http://domain.com";
$GLOBALS[UPLOAD_DIRECTORY] = "/uploads/";
$GLOBALS[WEB_ROOT] = $_SERVER[DOCUMENT_ROOT] . "D:/InetPub/Hosted/domain.com/";
//$GLOBALS[WEB_ROOT] = "";
//$GLOBALS[QUERY] = "";

//COMMON CODE----------------
$additional_inc = ":" . $GLOBALS[WEB_ROOT] . "smarty";
$additional_inc .= ":" . $GLOBALS[WEB_ROOT] . "adodb";
$additional_inc .= ":" . $GLOBALS[WEB_ROOT];
ini_set("include_path",ini_get("include_path") . $additional_inc );
require("Smarty.class.php");
include_once("adodb.inc.php");
require("functions.inc.php");
require("usermanager.php");

I'm particularly confused by the C:\php5\pear - I cannot find that path set anywhere. I have tried to find something on this forum, and have tried a couple of different things, but still can't get it to work. Any suggestions???

BTW, the host isn't really all that up on php apps, so that makes it all the more difficult. I wonder if I'm missing some php library??

Esme
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that the include path is not being read since on windows you have to use ; to delimit directories as : is already used to delimit the so-called drive-letter.
EsmereldaPea
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - that made the paths recognizabel so I can at least get into my admin login screen (this is a bastardization of a standard Smarty install that I inherited). However, now I'm getting a timeout - "connection closed by remote server, so I'm assuming something funky is going on with the database.

I just double-checked, and all of the db specs are fine, compared to another connection script I have that is working fine.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks!

Esme
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Any more suggestions?

sure! ... if you can be more specific with the problem Smile Try pinpointing the code section that is timing out. If you have to, put echo's and die's in the code until you can find what is triggering the problem. Oh, and make sure error_reporting is at E_ALL.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: