Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

how to documenate?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fromalk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: how to documenate? Reply with quote

Hello all,

Smarty saves me several hours of time every month, no I want to do something in return so I'll try to translate the documentation into dutch, this will take some time since I still go to school during the day, but when I have some spear time I'll translate it...

Now about this translation:
Are tehre any guidlines to be folloed? must it be done in HTML or is plain Word enough? And when I'm done, where can I submit it? Grtz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Grab the English XML files from Smarty CVS under /docs/en

2) translate all the english text to dutch

3) If you can, test your translation by converting the XML (docbook) to HTML/PDF/etc using converstion tools, check for syntax errors.

4) zip up the translated files and mail them to either myself or messju

From there we will get them included in the distrubution and published. From that point forward it is a matter of syncronizing changes made to the english manual between releases.
fromalk
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I just overwrite the english of the file with dutch? I'll start somewhere next week when I'll have a school holiday Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: