Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Wondering whether to use Smarty? Testimony from Bob Hinrichs

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hinrichs
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Wondering whether to use Smarty? Testimony from Bob Hinrichs Reply with quote

My team and I have been programming applications for the Web for over a decade. We have seen many pieces of software come and go, and we have used many of them, including web application servers from large vendors, java, ASP, ATG Dynamo, ColdFusion, LiveWire (remember that?) etc. I hope now you are sufficiently impressed with my credentials Wink

In 2002 we tried using PHP and Smarty for an application. This marked the beginning of a new era for us. In comparing our experiences with Smarty/PHP with that of using any other platform:

-Our smarty applications are comparatively several times easier to develop and maintain.
    -We are able to do much more with our time (which is valuable to us and to our clients).
    -Because of the increased ease of getting things to work that formerly were complex, we are able to deliver more sophisticated functionality and UI for our clients.
    -Our applications work better, the code makes more sense, it is easier for us to adhere to a shared set of best practices, and when problems occur they are easier to troubleshoot.
    -We can tell our clients that we can deliver on the OS of their choice, and they won't be paying exorbitant license/support fees to software companies.
    -Developing web applications became fun again.

The web applications we are building are not little address book applications for local skateboard shops. These are applications for large companies. Smarty has proven its mettle and is being used right now in "global" "enterprises" and their internet sites and intranets. I know this first-hand.

So today I thought it was about time to take some time out and write this testimonial. For everyone who has contributed to smarty: great work.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: