Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

{no-cache} {/no-cache}

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mauricio
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: {no-cache} {/no-cache} Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm not into smarty development, I'm just a smarty user, so this might be a dumb question.

Wouldn't be a good thing to have something like a {no-cache} function, to tell that such a piece of the template doesn't have to be cached?

Actually as far as I can see you have to use {insert} with a custom funcion to escape caching, but this passes the work back to the PHP developer, when usually, everything generated inside the PHP custom function is just HTML code, and then designers work.

Looks like the current way of escaping caching breaks up a little the working model promoted by Smarty.

I thought on calling with {insert} a custom function that fetches another template with the dynamic content, but that would eat an extra file descriptor for the task, split the designers work into another file wich might be innecesary, and make it more complicated to figure out by a designer than a simple {no-cache} tag.

Thanks!
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://smarty.php.net/manual/en/caching.cacheable.php

cheers
mauricio
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect answer!

Thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: