Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Change to include path between Smarty 2.3.1 and 2.4.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
richardallan
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 5:55 pm    Post subject: Change to include path between Smarty 2.3.1 and 2.4.0 Reply with quote

I have recently installed a version of Tikiwiki that uses a newer version of the Smarty templates and this caused an error related to the Smarty templates when running in PHP safe mode.

The error occurs at line 2618 of Smarty.class.php.

The script gives an error that it cannot write to the / root directory with the script permissions it has.

It should not be writing to the root directory so I checked the Smarty.class.php against the old one that worked before.

Line 2618 of Smarty.class.php in the new installation begins:

if (file exists($_include_path....

The equivalent line in Smarty.class.php for the old version is line 2043 and this begins:

if(@file_exists($_include_path...

I changed the script for my new installation by adding the @ sign in before file_exists and it now seems to work fine.

I checked all the versions of Smarty and the change happened between version 2.3.1 (with the @) and version 2.4.0 (without the @).

Can anyone tell me why the change was made in the Smarty script and whether it is just a bug or there is some functional reason for it?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: