Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

random output

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ky0
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: random output Reply with quote

I just downloaded the latest release of smarty and i am using it on a new project. After a few hours it starts putting random stuff on my pages.

a:3:{s:8:"template";a:2:{i:0;s:9:"blank.tpl";i:1;s:9:"blank.tpl";}s:9:"timestamp";i:1055134070;s:7:"expires";i:1055137670;} a:3:{s:8:"template";a:1:{i:0;s:9:"blank.tpl";}s:9:"timestamp";i:1055130420;s:7:"expires";i:1055134020;}

a:3:{s:8:"template";a:5:{i:0;s:9:"index.tpl";i:1;s:9:"index.tpl";i:2;s:9:"index.tpl";i:3;s:9:"index.tpl";i:4;s:9:"index.tpl";}s:9:"timestamp";i:1055133735;s:7:"expires";i:1055137335;} a:3:{s:8:"template";a:4:{i:0;s:9:"index.tpl";i:1;s:9:"index.tpl";i:2;s:9:"index.tpl";i:3;s:9:"index.tpl";}s:9:"timestamp";i:1055122036;s:7:"expires";i:1055125636;}

What does that mean? is that debug information? How can I fix this?
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
After a few hours it starts putting random stuff on my pages.

I take it that you mean after a few hours of coding and not a few hours of site operation. What you are looking at are the results of the PHP serialize function which is used by Smarty in various places to aid caching features and such.

Are you using inserts? Config files? What version of PHP are you using? Probably the result of a syntax error in one of your templates--any way to narrow down what template code is triggering this??
ky0
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using php 4.2.3 no config file no inserts. some pages dont even have any smarty syntax in them at all. yes only a few hours coding not in deployment.

<BR><BR>
<FORM METHOD='post' ACTION='login.php'>
Username: <INPUT TYPE='text' NAME='username'><BR>
Password: <INPUT TYPE='password' NAME='password'><BR>
<INPUT TYPE='submit' VALUE='Login'>
</FORM>

<CENTER>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD><A HREF='{$add}' TARGET='body'>Add a Computer</A></TD>
<TD><A HREF='{$userinfo}' TARGET='body'>User Info</A></TD>
<TD><A HREF='{$messages}' TARGET='body'>Messages</A></TD>
<TD><A HREF='{$schedual}' TARGET='body'>Schedual</A></TD>
<TD><A HREF='{$logout}' TARGET='main'>Logout</A></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>Shelf</TD>
<TD>Bench</TD>
<TD>Pending</TD>
<TD>Complete</TD>
<TD>RFPU</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</CENTER>

Very simple stuff. I turned caching off. When I make changes to data it does not reflect in the template itself. According to the FAQ, smarty is suppose to be smart enough and deterime when my template files should be compiled
ky0
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using php 4.2.3 no config file no inserts. some pages dont even have any smarty syntax in them at all. yes only a few hours coding not in deployment.

<BR><BR>
<FORM METHOD='post' ACTION='login.php'>
Username: <INPUT TYPE='text' NAME='username'><BR>
Password: <INPUT TYPE='password' NAME='password'><BR>
<INPUT TYPE='submit' VALUE='Login'>
</FORM>

<CENTER>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD><A HREF='{$add}' TARGET='body'>Add a Computer</A></TD>
<TD><A HREF='{$userinfo}' TARGET='body'>User Info</A></TD>
<TD><A HREF='{$messages}' TARGET='body'>Messages</A></TD>
<TD><A HREF='{$schedual}' TARGET='body'>Schedual</A></TD>
<TD><A HREF='{$logout}' TARGET='main'>Logout</A></TD>
</TR>
<TR>
<TD>Shelf</TD>
<TD>Bench</TD>
<TD>Pending</TD>
<TD>Complete</TD>
<TD>RFPU</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</CENTER>

Very simple stuff. I turned caching off. When I make changes to data it does not reflect in the template itself. According to the FAQ, smarty is suppose to be smart enough and deterime when my template files should be compiled
Code:
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again ky0.

hmmm. It does look strange. I took another look at your original post and on closer inspection, the serialize data looks very strange to me, especially all the repeated blank.tpl references.

You're right--your template looks harmless Smile And you are also correct in assuming that Smarty should be updating those values in the output pages if your cache is off. Are the valules showing correctly in the debug window?

I'm a bit stumped:
- Are you using sessions?
- What does the relevant PHP code look like?
- Are you using different paths for your templates and templates_c directories?

---

FYI: You might consider using double quotes for your attribute values since XHTML allows nothing else. That's just my 2c, though Smile
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ky0: the output you show looks like cached-template-info. the multiple reference of "index.tpl" is due to a bug that is fixed in cvs. (see the thread @
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=smarty-dev&m=105272658911088&w=2 for reference).

the contents you show should never be generated with caching turned off. maybe you said "$smarty->caching = off;" literally in your app? this wouldn't work, and would turn on caching accidently, it should read "$smarty->caching = false;" (this is just wild guessing by me).

but i really don't know, what makes smarty output this internal data. a wild guess would be that you configured your cache-dir to be the same as your templates_c, but i would need to see some code to say more.

greetings
messju
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: