Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Make Smarty "smart enough" to clear its cache upon

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gokusandwich
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Make Smarty "smart enough" to clear its cache upon Reply with quote

It might save people grief, occasionally, if Smarty were clever enough to clear out the cache if an upgrade has been preformed.

Each template could be compiled with something like:
Code:
$this->_check_version("2.6.11");

This function would compare the passed version to the version of the running Smarty.

It might also be desirable to clear the cache upon a PHP upgrade (?):
Code:
$this->_check_version("2.6.11", "5.1.1");

This might not seem all that useful; might not be worth implementing. I just thought of it while I was trying to solve a problem that occurs when running Smarty < 2.6.12 on a version of PHP >= 5.1.2. After upgrading Smarty, it looked as if the problem was still occuring. I then realized I needed to clear the cache...
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been discussed several times on the dev mailing list and I think on this forum as well. Basically, this is considered an admin issue. If you search the archives, simple methods have been proposed that handle the situation for you. I use one myself in my extended Smarty class -- but I don't see the need for it being included in the base Smarty.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: