Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

The chown/chmod thingy in templates_c again

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaastosti
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:19 am    Post subject: The chown/chmod thingy in templates_c again Reply with quote

I've been building a site with smarty and tried to upload it to the server. That went just fine, until I actually ran one of the files. I've created a templates_c dir, with chmod777 rights.

Smarty does create directories like %%115 and %%207, but after that refuses to create any files in there. That's probably because the rights aren't set correctly on those dirs.

Where is the Smarty config in which the directory creation process takes place. I'm pretty sure I must be able to create directories with something like chmod777 from default.

I already contacted the provider, who told me that there's no other way than to re-config Smarty. Well... I could ask him to chmod each and every file Smarty creates in there, but I doubt that would be an elegant solution for this.

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first person who ran into this problem, although I couldn't find a satisfying answer anywhere.

Thx in advance!
BlueTrin
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use the search funtion, this question has been asked 10000 times:

http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=191

You can set the variable $use_sub_dirs in Smarty.class.php to false so smarty won't use subdirs in template_c:

replace this:
var $use_sub_dirs = true;

with this:
var $use_sub_dirs = false;

KEYWORDS:
$use_sub_dirs use_sub_dirs subdirectory sub directory subdir dir templace_c chmod 777 provider default
install installation error problem troubleshooting
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: