Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

modifiers: Something is going wrong in newest CVS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andre
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: modifiers: Something is going wrong in newest CVS Reply with quote

Since you cache the path of the plugins (especially the modifiers) somethings going wrong on my server Sad

Sometimes Smarty cannot find a needed modifier function because it dosn't include_once() it. I have checked the "_smarty_cached_paths" and opened the corresponding cache file. Not all the needed plugins (e.g. "smarty_modifier_default" and some custom ones) where meantioned there but some.

I have really no idea why and when it happens. If I recompile it will work. After some time it won't work anymore ?! Shocked

I think it has something to do with cascaded includes and inserts. It seems if a template is included more than once, one include overwrites the "_smarty_cached_paths"-file which was created by a previous include. Or something like that Confused

I use a complex structure which always worked. This phenomen is new since the last CVS update I made and concerns only the modifiers Sad
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello andre, thanks for reporting this.

i'll look into it. it would be great if can downgrade to
Smarty.class.php rev. 1.425 and
Smarty_Compiler.class.php rev. 1.266
in the meantime and see if the problem was still there. i can think of two sources for the problem, this would help me narrowing it.

greetings
messju
andre
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the patch, messju Wink

It seems there is a bug in CVS which should be fixed within the next hours - after he commits his changes.
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done Smile
andre
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After having the patch running for 24 hours I can say the error didn't occure again. Seems it's really fixed Smile Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: