Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Setting {config_load....} per template?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdm
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:24 pm    Post subject: Setting {config_load....} per template? Reply with quote

Quote:
note: I'm playing with the config files for the first time Cool

I got the following files which are included at almost every page:
- pageheader.tpl
- header.tpl
- footer.tpl
- pagefooter.tpl

For example my news.php page, it needs the:
- pageheader.tpl
- header.tpl
- footer.tpl
- pagefooter.tpl
Like almost all pages, then it also need the template for the news page:
- news.tpl

The header and footer templates, and almost ofcourse, the news template, need it's own config section loaded.

So I tried putting the config_load part in the header and the footer templates, but I don't get an output.
Only when I put the config_load's into the news template I get the output from the config files for the header and the footer.

Isn't it possible to just put the config_load's ONLY in the files where A specific config section is needed (like in my header and footer templates)??

Because I want to use as less as possible duplicated code for the easiest maintainance of the website later on.

Any ideas?
CirTap
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
if news.tpl is the main template including the others, then you'll have all the config vars loaded there in the subtemplates as well.
If you read a config file in a sub template, the values are "local" to this file, e.g. in pageheader.tpl, {config_load file="foo.conf" section="head"} will
a.) return only the variables from [head] and
b.) they'll be available to pageheader.tpl only.
If you need variables from [head] in pagefooter.tpl as well, you'd either have the main template to load this section, move the stuff from [head] into the global part of the config file, or add a second {config_load file="foo.conf" section="head"} to pagefooter.tpl.

If the [head] section contains "shared" information like a copyright, company/author name, i.e. both used for <meta> tags and a copyright notice at the end of each page, just move them to the "global" part at the beginning of your config file.
You can then do a simple {config_load file="foo.conf"} in news.tpl or the other main templates and the subtemplates can access the variables.

Have fun,
CirTap
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: