Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Muti MySQL queries in {Section loop} command

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThermoDust
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Muti MySQL queries in {Section loop} command Reply with quote

Well, I'm trying to write a news/comments script using smarty. And well, to be frank I don't know what I'm doing. I know how to have smarty loop through the first mysql query grabbing the news/comments. But I have my news system grab the user info and post the username and info instead of putting that in the same mysql table.

Example:
News Table - News, Body, NewsID, PosterID
User Table - Username, Password, UserID

I want to use the loop command to cycle through the news table and print the news but everything it prints news it has to grab that user’s info from the User table. How can I do this in Smarty? Or should I just write it in the php and have it just print the results of both queries.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: