Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Initial API 2.5 sample code display problems HELP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eatc7402
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Initial API 2.5 sample code display problems HELP Reply with quote

I am a first time user of the API 2.5. I am having
some problems I don't understand. at first I thought
they were maybe PEAR installation issues. So I reinstalled PEAR. ALL seemed to go well, and a
phpinfo() confirms install and correct include paths.
But when I attempt to run the sample (with my own
GoogleAPIKey and database user/pass etc. all I get is a raw outut of the source code like this...
Code:

setDSN('mysql://DavidF:kengsiew@localhost/eatc7402'); // enter YOUR Google Map Key $map->setAPIKey('ABQIAAAAA4K1gFTiRd0xfFgeHzQw0hTP81zwqMVqjTUM_vZYQ577HzJg0RRNJeOGWk2rt0_xqmUSXhvqHdYfhw'); // create some map markers $map->addMarkerByAddress('621 N 48th St # 6 Lincoln NE 68502','PJ Pizza','PJ Pizza'); $map->addMarkerByAddress('826 P St Lincoln NE 68502','Old Chicago','Old Chicago'); $map->addMarkerByAddress('3457 Holdrege St Lincoln NE 68502',"Valentino's","Valentino's"); ?>  printHeaderJS(); ?>  printMapJS(); ?>
printMap(); ?>    printSidebar(); ?>

I don't understand this. is it me, or my config, or something else.Hmmm. I could use a steer please.

eatc7402
eatc7402
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Problem solved! Reply with quote

Problem fixed. I had saved the sample code into
a file, and saved the file as an .htm extension '
file. WRONG! THIS WILL NOT WORK.

I resaved the SAME EXACT FILE with a .php file
extension and it now works fine. My own error.
A simple one, so simple it was throwing me for a loop
in kind of a 'forest for the trees' kind of error.

eatc7402
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Add-ons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: