Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

stripslashes modifier

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThermoDust
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: stripslashes modifier Reply with quote

I found that I needed this plugin or option while using smarty. I didn't see it in the Wiki Plugin area so here it is. This plugin will strip slahes that were added using addslashes(). I know its very simple but some may need it Smile.

[php]
<?php
/*
* Smarty plugin
* -------------------------------------------------------------
* Type: modifier
* Name: stripslashes
* Version: 0.4
* Date: Sep 24 2003
* Author:
* Purpose: Un-quote string quoted with addslashes()
* Example: {$text|stripslashes}
* -------------------------------------------------------------
*/
function smarty_modifier_stripslashes($string)
{
return stripslashes($string);
}
?>[/php]

Last edited by ThermoDust on Mon May 09, 2016 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ThermoDust.

You actually don't need a wrapper function for this as {$somevar|stripslashes} should work as-is. Here is the relevant section from the manual:

Quote:
Modifiers can be autoloaded from your $plugins_dir (also see: Naming Conventions) or can be registered explicitely (see: register_modifier). Additionally all php-functions can be used as modifiers implicitely. (The @count-example above actually uses php's count-function and not a smarty-modifier). Using php-functions as modifiers has two little pitfalls: First: Sometimes the order of the function-parameters is not the desirable one ({"%2.f"|sprintf:$float} actually works, but asks for the more intuitive {For example: $float|string_format:"%2.f"} that is provided by the Smarty distribution). Second: with $security turned on all php-functions that are to be used as modifiers have to be declared trusted in the $security_settings['MODIFIER_FUNCS']-array.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: