Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

{include_php} passing parameters is possible

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pirk.lajos
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: {include_php} passing parameters is possible Reply with quote

At 1st, sorry about my engish skill.

So, i had some problem about passing params in the function {include_php}.
After i just realized, the smarty engine work with plus params, just don give those to the php. So i modified the Smarty.class.php. There is a function, called "_include". So in this function, u still have the other params from the {include_php}. You need to put this 1 line here:

$_POST['passed_params'] = $params;

to looks like:

function _include($filename, $once=false, $params=null)
{
$_POST['passed_params'] = $params;
if ($once) {
return include_once($filename);
} else {
return include($filename);
}
}

After this:
in the php file what you want to inlude, you can get an array, what have all of your passed params.

Example:

tpl file:
{include_php file="example.php" param1="example param"}

php file:
$smarty->assign('param1',$_POST['passed_params']['param1']);

I hope, u can use this tip.

Kind regards:

Lajos Pirk
Hungary
bimal
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: reconsider to change your scripts Reply with quote

Hi,
You can use {include_php}.
But please consider not to use it again.
Just assume that Smarty does not support have things like include_php tags.

It is because, violates a template design and jumps back to php programming. Included PHP file can access all the variables, but those ones defined in other files must we accessed as global variables.

Super global variables ($_POST, $_GET, ...) can be access and assigned from anywhere. Just take care of the other variables.

While you are using inlude / include_once, it jumps away from smarty template folder to native php folder (from where the file is being browsed), so you may get unpleasant reasons. And, anything you can do with {include_php}, you can do with simple php too, without the Smrarty being used.

Hence, for not continuing the confusion, discard the use of {include_php} for making a good Smarty template.
pirk.lajos
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: I know what u want Reply with quote

But.

I know, i can access for super global varibles (get, post session etc.) from anywhere, but i need this kind code, because, i use the same php file for some components on my website.

Example, i have a component, what display 1pc news.
I use this 1 php at 3 times for display 3 different news on the left side of my portal. so, i call that php with include_php and passing the news id for it.

I hope you understand what i mean. (coz of my bad english)

King regards,
Lajos Pirk
Hungary
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: