Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty and XML

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paresh
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Smarty and XML Reply with quote

Hello Smarty Users,

I am not sure if anyone i using smarty templates to store xml. We are doing an application that requires sending xml responses that are to be generated dynamically. I am using smarty for the purpose that xml can be viewed as tree structure as well as data substituion remains easy. Moreover my PHP code which earlier had lot of xml tags hardcoded can now be free of those. Just use the Fetch method and you are done!!!

Paresh

Last edited by paresh on Wed May 05, 2010 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
bimal
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: You can control your output Reply with quote

Look at http://www.php-editors.com/smarty_manual/tips.wap.html and similar posts.

You can see see that, you can produce any types of documents like html, xml, wml, and even javascripts or anything.

The thing is that, only you need to have your variables defined, assigned and used properly in the tempates.

Few friendly remainders:
* Use document type headers properly.
* Use special things like, { and } in a correct pattern.
* Loop throguh the variables and print them out.
kaas
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: input select and smarty source Reply with quote

Hello,

I want to complete a input select list with an Xml source.
who can help me please ?
bimal
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Use PHP XML parser Reply with quote

You can use PHP XML parsers. Smarty has nothing to do on this.
Rather, you can use Smarty produce XML files Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: