Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Caching with cache id

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Karel S.
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Caching with cache id Reply with quote

I'm trying to cache some product pages. Because all products have the same template, I must use the productid as cache id.

Code:

$smarty->caching = 1;

$aTemplate[$iProductId] = 'product_view';

if ( !$smarty->is_cached ( 'product_view.tpl', $iProductId ) )
{
// do querys and assign data
}

// bla

reset ( $aTemplate );
$iTemplateId = key ( $aTemplate );
$sTemplateName = current ( $aTemplate );

if ( $iTemplateId > 0 )
   $smarty->assign ( 'sModuleContent', $oSmarty->fetch ( $sTemplateName . '.tpl', $iTemplateId ) );
else
   $smarty->assign ( 'sModuleContent', $oSmarty->fetch ( $sTemplateName . '.tpl' ) );

I get a template without the assigned values. When I take a look into the cache dir, I can only find this file:

1318663443.product_view.tpl.php

I seems that Smarty don't set the cache id?
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smarty3 introduced a concept of template and data objects which can have a parent child relationship. for this an additional paramter 'parent' was introduced which did change the parameter order of fetch and display to
($template, $parent = null, $cache_id = null, $compile_id = null)

So
$oSmarty->fetch ( $sTemplateName . '.tpl', null, $iTemplateId )
should work.

I see the point that this does it more difficult to upgrade from Smarty2 to Smarty3. Also it might be pssible that it will be more likely that users will use cache_id and Compile_id as use template or data object chaining. It could make sense to change the parameter ordering. We have to discuss.
Karel S.
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, ok. Testing right now ...

Quote:
I see the point that this does it more difficult to upgrade from Smarty2 to Smarty3.

It's not difficult. The problem is, I can't find any documentation about the new Smarty 3 features and changes the way Smarty 3 works. A manual or API doc should make upgraden a lot easier.

The only documentation available is here, but that is out-dated.
douglassdavis
Smarty Junkie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U.Tews wrote:
Smarty3 introduced a concept of template and data objects which can have a parent child relationship. for this an additional paramter 'parent' was introduced which did change the parameter order of fetch and display to
($template, $parent = null, $cache_id = null, $compile_id = null)

So
$oSmarty->fetch ( $sTemplateName . '.tpl', null, $iTemplateId )
should work.

I see the point that this does it more difficult to upgrade from Smarty2 to Smarty3. Also it might be pssible that it will be more likely that users will use cache_id and Compile_id as use template or data object chaining. It could make sense to change the parameter ordering. We have to discuss.

Could you say more about the parent thing? Is that the same as template inheritance?

I prefer the params in the same place myself Smile But, whatever is best I suppose
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The params are getting switched in SVN to match Smarty 2 very soon.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty 3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: