Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Bug? $compile_check

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauloricardo
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:43 pm    Post subject: Bug? $compile_check Reply with quote

Hi,

The docs says:

Quote:
If $caching is enabled and $compile_check is enabled, then the cache files will get regenerated if an involved template file or config file was updated.

I'm using Smarty 3 Alpha in production and here my cache files get regenerated only if an involved template file was updated. If I change an involved config file it don't get regenerated. Is it a bug?

This is what I'm using:

Code:
        $this->_smarty->caching = ($this->getConfig('caching')) ? 2 : 0; // 2
        $this->_smarty->cache_lifetime = $this->getConfig('cache_lifetime'); // 3600
        $this->_smarty->compile_check = true;

Thanks in advance,
pauloricardo
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you load the config file with the {config_load...} tag from your templates it should work.

However if you load them in your script with the $smarty->config_load method this is not detected. (Same behaviour as Smarty2)
pauloricardo
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U.Tews wrote:
If you load the config file with the {config_load...} tag from your templates it should work.

However if you load them in your script with the $smarty->config_load method this is not detected. (Same behaviour as Smarty2)

Well, I do it within my script and my template. The cache get regenerated only If I change my template a bit. If I change any setting in my config file, the cache regenerates only when expires. Confused
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed there was the file dependency of config files loaded from the template missing. I just updated the SVN.
pauloricardo
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for the fast fix. Very Happy

Regards,
pauloricardo
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty 3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: