Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Adding While loops to Smarty
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicky`s Webgeek
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn.

I was sure when I looked at {section} that you needed to pass an array to the loop parameter.

Embarassed

well, I *still* think adding a while loop is a pretty cool hack.

And, if anyone else wants the ability to shoot themselves in the foot with a potentially infinite loop, now they can -- With all the caveats that come along with it. Wink
tpr
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't beat yourself up too bad over it as you were not the only one. I came here today looking for the same thing basically.

I have a template that I needed to draw X number of controls on whether there was data passed to it or not. This is a perfect case of some form of loop.

It was not blatantly obvious to me either that you could set loop to a number as opposed to an array to get it to iterate X number of times.
emmbec
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well right now I am having a problem where the WHILE loop seems to be my only solution. I am simply writting rows for an HTML table, and I am doing it with a section loop. However inside the loop I need to check some mathematical condition that when TRUE, I need to decrement the current loop index or force the loop to go one more step from the original max value. Unfortunately I have not been able to do so with the current section loop that smarty has, so this WHILE loop is my only solution at this moment, unless someone knows a way to alter a LOOP's index or make it go just an extra round in case some condition happens Razz

Thanks!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: