Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

How to: make an advanced search template with smarty.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisdegrote
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:45 pm    Post subject: How to: make an advanced search template with smarty. Reply with quote

Hey all,

For my site www.baanict.com I would like to make an advanced search page. I've made a HTML version of the search options I would like to include. But I don't got a clue how to connect the form fields through smarty code with my MySQL database.

In the forum I can't find a post that's helpfull for me.

My site uses the open source project Jobberbase and many of us would like to see this option working for them.

My question exactly is what kind of function should I attach to for example to search a keyword in only the topic of a listing?

I hope somebody can help me with this issue or give me a suggestion to a helpfull tutorial.

Thanks in advance for your time
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's no different than using plain PHP, you are just using Smarty to display the results. When you click the form submit, it will POST the data from the form to a URL on the server (PHP script) and it processess the POST data, does a SQL query and assigns the results to a template and displays it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Smarty Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: