Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty is the best and most powerful engine around.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TakingSides
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Smarty is the best and most powerful engine around. Reply with quote

I started using Smarty when it first started out as a sub PHP project, smarty.php.net. I was familiarly with template engines such as phpBB engine etc.

I recommended Smarty to a number of other developers who immediately dropped their current templating engine and replaced it with Smarty 2. Since the release of Smarty 3, I have upgraded all of my projects to use Smarty 3. I extended the Smarty class which is what made this job so easy, with a few minor tweaks to the code, the template source did not change much, and all of my smarty 2 syntax still worked.

Some modifiers and functions had to be slightly tweaked otherwise this wasn't too much of an issue.

Smarty is the simplest, yet absolutely the most powerful template engine/presentation framework you will come across. I have used Smarty for large AJAX projects handling thousands of requests every second, Smarty consumed bandwidth each month.

Smarty can fit into any type of structure I am developing an MVC (Model - View - Controller) framework due to be released soon, which promotes PHP 5's new O.O.P capabilities, increases development speed dramatically, and contains high security standards.

Smarty has also been used by myself to handle multiple languages, by using the precompile filters I am able to replace all languages, into their own language directory inside the compiled templates (stopping overriding). By switching between languages there was no character problems etc.

Finally, I would recommend Smarty to every developer out there, anyone who is starting up I also recommend Smarty to. You will notice dramatic improvements within your development environment just by installing it, and it only takes a few seconds of looking through the documentation to understand how it works, and you can be a Smarty expert within just a matter of a few days.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: