Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Translate a Smarty Template Using Google

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tacman1123
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Translate a Smarty Template Using Google Reply with quote

The Google Translate API is a great tool to provide basic translations dynamically. It would be nice to also use it to do a rough translation of a Smarty template, which could then later be cleaned up.

I haven't been able to figure out how to tell the Google Translate API to simply pass-thru any text inside brackets. So it seems like it might need to be something deep in the Smarty Internals to do that.

There are several approaches to this, template to template translation, so that a Smarty template was returned (instead of an executed template), or simply translating part of the template results.

In the short term, a plugin might work. Is there a repository for Smarty plugins, I may do this one and I have several others that I find worthwhile that I'd be happy to share.

Tac
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: