Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty TMP dir privileges error

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eriki
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:32 am    Post subject: Smarty TMP dir privileges error Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Dear all,

Me and mine server are having te following errors/problems with Smarty:

Exclamation After a smarty error;
Arrow for example a missing template, or
Arrow a syntax error in a template

Smarty sends out and prints the smarty error like it should, but also the following happans:
Arrow changes to the privileges of the defined Smarty temp/compile dir to drw-r--r--

After this point Smarty can't compile templates anymore, and because of this all of mine site's aren't working no longer.

Does anyone know something about this issue?

Smarty's configuration is practily standard, exept of forced_compile. This one is set to true (had some trouble with same template names)

p.s. It could be that it's not Smarty but mine FreeBSD server that's creating the problem
Eriki
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: A little solutions Reply with quote

Dear All,

The problem seems to come from the fact that force_compile is set to 'true'. So something is going wrong @ writing to the tmp dir if there's an error. Shocked

My issue is still open. I need force compile because i've got more then just one site on my server. Confused

Can anybody help?
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first: force_compile is the wrong way to solve your problem. you need to configure a distinct templates_c-directory for each templates-directory you have. everything else is plain wrong. you are just trying to cure the symptoms with force_compile.

second: i cannot reproduce the error you describe. which version of smarty do you use?
Eriki
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe i use something like 2.4.x

But i allready sollved my problem. I'd like to use force_compile zo i can use just 1 dir for al my compiled smarty templates.

The problem was created by Smarty trying to compile a undefined template. If i forgot to define a template or let the name empty, Smarty tried to use the dir in stead of a file. After failing Smarty gave the dir te file_perms, 644. And that aint working Very Happy
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eriki wrote:
I'd like to use force_compile zo i can use just 1 dir for al my compiled smarty templates.

that's stupid. you are missing the whole point of compiling templates if you do it on each request.

the bug regarding empty filenames is fixed in 2.6.0, AFAIR.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Bugs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: