Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Migrating PHP4 to PHP5 with Smarty 2.5.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crovaxx
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Migrating PHP4 to PHP5 with Smarty 2.5.0 Reply with quote

Hey,

so I'm a real noob when it comes to this, but I changed my parents' hosting contract and now the server runs PHP5 instead of PHP4 which the site was coded for. They run a small construction-business and except for getting the website programmed by a professional I'm doing all their IT-stuff, I just don't know jack about websites really.

I called the hosting provider prior to the change and the girl assured me our site was running on just html so I wouldn't need to worry ... well, turns out I was right and there's some PHP in it as well.

I'd contact the original developer but the company that did the site shut down years ago so instead of getting a new guy for this supposedly "small" issue I want to try fix it myself. Here's to hoping I find a kind soul here to help me out, would be much appreciated. <3

There's a form on the site people can fill with the details and other info which then gets sent to us via eMail that's causing the problem, this is the Smarty Debug Console that pops up when you "send" it:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/27/smarty.jpg/

With my limited knowledge I already checked the corresponding php file and debug mode is set to false, so that console shouldn't even pop up, should it?

Anyway, hope some kind person feels like helping me out.
Thanks in advance! Smile
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The debug consol pops also up if a template file does contain the {debug} tag.

Your debug output shows that diagnose.tpl.inc is included as subtemplate. Maybe it's in there.
Crovaxx
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thanks for the reply my fellow german. Smile

Well I found this in the file

Quote:
<form name="diag" method="post" action="{$SCRIPT_NAME}">
<input type="hidden" name="debug" value="ON">

Could this cause the debug console? And if so, should I just change it to OFF or FALSE or something in Notepad++? (Yea, tell me about it, I'm really noob with this .. all I ever used is MS Frontpage and that was about 15 years ago Very Happy)

If this fixes the console, how do i get the form to work again? It just resets all the values in the fields and no eMail gets sent. I can upload whatever file you'd need to look at and any help would be greatly appreciated. <3

Thanks again!
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
<input type="hidden" name="debug" value="ON">

Hard to tell what this does. It must be something inside the application scripts or template files.

Can you provide the PHP scrip file which run when the page gets called?
Crovaxx
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should be this.

If you need anything else, let me know ... I'm just glad to get some help. <3
Crovaxx
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, any idea yet? Smile

Or was it the wrong file and you just got frustrated since I'm so noob with this? Very Happy
Crovaxx
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, just in case anyone's still reading, I just renamed the diagnose.tpl.inc file so people don't submit the form without getting an error message and we never receive it, so you can't test it on the site itself anymore.

Thanks though if anyone decides to help! Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: