Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Smarty3 filename issue

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gencer
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Smarty3 filename issue Reply with quote

Hi,

In Smarty 3 (and maybe this happens in v2 too) if i give same filename to different files in different folders, caches are mixed!

For example. Lets say we have 2 views. This to wives are folder1 and folder2. Both folders have index.tpl. So, it just crashes.

How do i prevent it? For quick resolve i just renamed files as index1 and index2...

Thanks,
Gencer.
rodneyrehm
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the value of your $template_dir for the files to crash?
gencer
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodneyrehm wrote:
What's the value of your $template_dir for the files to crash?

It depends on which page is called. If index.php called $template_dir is "./folder1", if login.php called its "./folder2". I'm using modular application model for my project. Each application has its own folder and view. But they are using the same cache folder. "./cache/tpl"

Also, if im c orrect a while ago i tested something that, i include a file in tpl files which is in another folder but same filename. (like /view1/index.tpl includes /view2/index.tpl). Smarty caches are mixed...

I will test right now and let you know.

UPDATE:
Ok. I slightly upgraded to Smarty v3.1.7 and it seems that this issue resolved. Sorry for the false alarm.

Gencer.
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

otherwise you would need to set a unique compile_id for each template folder for older versions.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: