Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Roadmap

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 8:32 am    Post subject: Roadmap Reply with quote

Hi all.

Is there a roadmap of features detailing what is being worked on or being planned. Project goals for upcoming versions?

For example, I remember a passing comment on the smarty-dev mailing list concerning adding resource support to config files. True or false?
AZTEK
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps http://smarty.incutio.com/?page=SmartyTODO has some of the future goals Smile though it looks like some of those have been done
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I just looked in the directory above Smarty/lib (ie. Smarty Smile ) and lo and behold, there is a TODO there. Its updated compared to the wiki entry.

Still, kinda sparse in terms of info Wink

This one is interesting:

UPD: change it so that if template comes from some resource,
that resource stays as the default, no need to specify it
in includes.

Isn't that almost (but not quite) like http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=26 ?
AZTEK
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i think it means if you load a template from a db in that template you dont have to specify db for the rest of the includes
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what it sounds like. Sort-of like an auto cd, but for resources. The way I read _parse_file_path(), this doesn't happen yet (that's why its a todo. right.) But, it sounds like if this gets supported so can an overall default Smile
Wom.bat
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the most important things are

• ability to get indexes of associative arrays --> try {foreach from=$array key="index" item="value"}{/foreach}
  • ability to concatenate values/strings together
  • caching all but parts of the template
  • make simple math easier
andre
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wom.bat wrote:
[*]ability to get indexes of associative arrays --> try {foreach from=$array key="index" item="value"}{/foreach}

Doesn't this work already Rolling Eyes
Wom.bat wrote:
[*]ability to concatenate values/strings together

Is "cat" modifier + "foo`$bar`" not enough ?!
Wom.bat wrote:
[*]caching all but parts of the template

*hehe* Patch is ready Twisted Evil
Wom.bat wrote:
[*]make simple math easier
[/list]

Oh yeah. But the {math} function is easy if you know how it works Wink Things like {$foo + 1} or {bar foo=x+y} for example would be really nice ..

Oh f**k, I think I got a virus:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

* change plugins so $smarty variable always comes first

This one should be done sooner or later, even though it breaks BC. Probably leave it for low priority, unless a lot of custom plugins start to get developed.

* support implementations of prefiltes, mods, and others as class methods.

This I want to see! I would also like to see some sort of functionality grouping mechanism, like packages or contexts.

Also a plugable cache interface so that default cache handling can be replaced.
Wom.bat
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boots: see the latest version in CVS. I am currently using object methods for pre, post, outputfilters, functions, modifiers, even cache-handlers (own cache handlign functions have ALWAYS been possible! $smarty->cache_handler_func!)
I requested this some time ago and it's now included (note: you need to use object methods, i.e. $smarty->register_prefilter("foo", array(&$obj, "foo"));, class methods don't work afaik

andre: this virus will hopefully one day rule the world Wink
I'll have to check on the features which are, according to you, already done; would be nice Wink check my posting in your nocache-thread on "caching but all parts of the template"... simple math yould be _great_ Wink
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wom.bat wrote:
own cache handlign functions have ALWAYS been possible! $smarty->cache_handler_func!)

I thought I saw that one time or another, but when I went to look for it, I was searching for cache_class. Thanks for pointing it out.

Wom.bat wrote:
see the latest version in CVS. I am currently using object methods for pre, post, outputfilters, functions, modifiers, even cache-handlers (
[snip]
I requested this some time ago and it's now included (note: you need to use object methods, i.e. $smarty->register_prefilter("foo", array(&$obj, "foo"));, class methods don't work afaik
_great_ Wink

Right-on. I haven't gone through all the changes in the CVS yet, so I'm glad that you pointed this out.

I'm very happy.
Wom.bat
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was, too, when finally there was this nice sound that plays when receiving a new mail and the message I had waited for so long was there, in the folder Smarty-CVS Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: