Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Is there a way of not using the dir. Templates_c?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marco
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Is there a way of not using the dir. Templates_c? Reply with quote

Hello,

Is there a way of not using the dir. Templates_c?

I would rather like the Smarty class to 'compile' the HTML code in memory, sending it to the webserver wich sends the code to browsers.

I want to do it that way, because I think IO resources will be saved that way.

Thanks already,

Marco Wayop
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm. Likely, you won't find any improvement as you will of course need to use some form of shared memory and if you are using a PHP accelerator, you are already receiving that type of benefit (since it will cache scripts for you). In short, you can not turn this feature off; however, you can create a ram based filesystem volume and then point the templates_c dir to point to that location. I'd be interested to hear your results if you test something like that.

Cheers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: