Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Surround each label of html_checkboxes with a custom tag

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Borgtex
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Surround each label of html_checkboxes with a custom tag Reply with quote

As the separator option did'nt gives the flexibility I need to apply css styles, I've added a new option "tag" to the html_radios and html_checkboxes functions to surround each label with whatever tag you want, i.e.:

{html_checkboxes name='id' options=$cust_checkboxes selected=$customer_id tag='li'}

would produce
<li><label><input type="checkbox" name="id[]" value="1000" />Joe Schmoe</label></li>
<li><label><input type="checkbox" name="id[]" value="1001" checked="checked" />Jack Smith</label></li>

I know you can do the same assigning the result of html_checkboxes to an array and then looping through it, but it's less intuitive and with more amount of code, so I was wondering if this could be added to the official release
rodneyrehm
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe something along the lines of {… wrap="<li>%s</li>"} is more flexible?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: