Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Warning: require_once(Smarty/lib/Smarty.class.php)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
timmy5000
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Warning: require_once(Smarty/lib/Smarty.class.php) Reply with quote

I'm receiving the following error when I go on http://mydomain.net/smart.index.php

Code:

arning: require_once(Smarty/lib/Smarty.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/CustomSmarty.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Smarty/lib/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:./smarty/libs') in /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/CustomSmarty.php on line 3

How do I fix this?
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In CustomSmarty.php on line 3 the relative filepath does not point to your real location óf Smarty.class.php
timmy5000
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it the right location according to the image below?

mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have ./smarty/libs in your filepath, the actual path appears to be ./smarty/lib
timmy5000
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks but I tried it seems to be giving the same error except this time there's no extra appending s.

The error message is as follow:

Warning: require_once(smarty/lib/Smarty.class.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/CustomSmarty.php on line 3

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'smarty/lib/Smarty.class.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:./smarty/lib') in /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/CustomSmarty.php on line 3
Aristophan
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can put a relative ./xxx path into the php.ini include path...
Code:
(include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:./smarty/lib')
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In which folder is CustomSmarty.php file located?
timmy5000
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U.Tews wrote:
In which folder is CustomSmarty.php file located?

It's in public_html/smarty/

The path to customsmarty.php file is public_html/smarty/customsmarty.php

Aristophan wrote:
I don't think you can put a relative ./xxx path into the php.ini include path...
Code:
(include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php:./smarty/lib')

Wait then how did I get smart/lib then? (I'm not being sarcastic lol, I'm confused)
Aristophan
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...without php.ini's include_path! Just as easy as this:
Code:
            @define('SMARTY_DIR', '/home/USERNAME/public_html/Smarty/libs/');
            if (!class_exists('Smarty')) {
                include SMARTY_DIR . 'Smarty.class.php';
            }
            // debugging...
            $smarty->testInstall();exit;

U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, remove the set_include_path() stuff.

If CustomSmarty.php is in public_html/smarty/ it must be

CustomSmarty.php
Code:
<?php
require_once('lib/Smarty.class.php');

or use Aristophan solution by defining 'SMARTY_DIR'
timmy5000
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That did the trick. It worked! Thanks a ton but there's another problem.

Can you please help me with this error too?

Code:

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/index.php on line 36

Warning: strftime() [function.strftime]: It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Denver' for 'MDT/-6.0/DST' instead in /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/lib/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 177

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'SmartyCompilerException' with message 'Syntax Error in template &quot;/home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/templates/index.html&quot; on line 1 &quot;{extends file=\&amp;quot;base_template.html\&amp;quot;}&quot; - Unexpected &quot;\&quot;' in /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/lib/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php:665 Stack trace: #0 /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/lib/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3144): Smarty_Internal_TemplateCompilerBase->trigger_template_error() #1 /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/lib/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templateparser.php(3209): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->yy_syntax_error(10, '\') #2 /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/lib/sysplugins/smarty_internal_smartytemplatecompiler.php(105): Smarty_Internal_Templateparser->doParse(10, '\') #3 /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/lib/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php(200): Smarty_Internal_SmartyTemplateCompiler->doCompile('{extends file=\...') #4 /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/lib in /home/USERNAME/public_html/smarty/lib/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 665
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did not specify a time zone in your php.ini with the date.timezone parameter.

See also http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.date-default-timezone-set.php

Also you are getting again the compiling errors regarding quotes.

I still think your PHP does escape the quotes with \ when it reads files.
timmy5000
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi U.tews, you were right. I did not specify any timezone in my php.ini file. I added a location. Here is the code I added:

Code:

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
date.timezone = America/Denver

I hard refreshed the page and even restarted the container but still see the same errors with the timezone. Also, I contacted my hosting to ask them to check if I have installed Smarty correctly or not.
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timmy5000 wrote:
Hi U.tews, you were right. I did not specify any timezone in my php.ini file. I added a location. Here is the code I added:

Code:

[Date]
; Defines the default timezone used by the date functions
date.timezone = America/Denver

I hard refreshed the page and even restarted the container but still see the same errors with the timezone. Also, I contacted my hosting to ask them to check if I have installed Smarty correctly or not.

Did you restart the web server?
timmy5000
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel really stupid lol.

I restarted the server and the timezone errors are still there. Sorry for all the trouble, I bought the AdultVideoScript software and their support techies are not helping me at all, they are clearly ignoring my requests. I really appreciate your help so far Mohrt and U.tews. If you both want, I could pay you two for the help.

Also, I received a reply from my host and they said the following:

Code:

Hello, I apologize for the delay, we are undergoing very high ticket volumes. I was able to trace the page load of your site and i believe that the issue is within your Smarty_Compiler.class.php file. I was able to run the script Smarty.class.php without an error, but when i run Smarty_Compiler.class.php it throws an error due to the class Smarty_Compiler. This is not a system compiler or part of PHP,but a class in the smarty code. This could mean the installation is missing some files, or a variable in the files is incorrect. I recommend contacting your developer to see if he or she can track down the problem in the code. Thank you. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ mmap(NULL, 92644, PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE, 3, 0) = 0x2ae0cdcee000 brk(0x1fafc000) = 0x1fafc000 brk(0x1fb3c000) = 0x1fb3c000 brk(0x1fb7c000) = 0x1fb7c000 munmap(0x2ae0cdcee000, 92644) = 0 close(3) = 0 munmap(0x2ae0cdb99000, 4096) = 0 write(2, "PHP Fatal error: Class 'Smarty' not found in /home/USERNAME/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 35\n", 128PHP Fatal error: Class 'Smarty' not found in /home/USERNAME/public_html/include/smarty/libs/Smarty_Compiler.class.php on line 35 Phillip D

Thanks a ton everyone for your help, I would really really appreciate it if you could help me more further.

Last edited by timmy5000 on Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: