Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

smarty fails when html contains a json array?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doesit
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:03 am    Post subject: smarty fails when html contains a json array? Reply with quote

Hi all,

In part of my smarty template I have the need to embed a json array to an attribute on a div. Below is my example code, and the error that occurs.

Is there a way to avoid wrapping every json array I have like this in a {literal} tag?

Thanks!

Quote:

<div data-state="{'key':'This is an example'}"></div>

Quote:
Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "D:\core\skin\templates\layout\page.tpl" on line 1 "<div data-state="{'key':'This is an example'}"></div>" - Unexpected ":", expected one of: "}" <-- thrown in D:\core\common\classes\smarty\sysplugins\smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php on line 1

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in D:\core\common\classes\instance.class.inc on line 35

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in D:\core\common\classes\instance.class.inc on line 35
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few ways to go about it, some better than others in different circumstances.

1) change smarty delims to something other than {}
2) use {ldelim}{rdelim}
Code:
<div data-state="{ldelim}'key':'This is an example'{rdelim}"></div>

3) create a prefilter that identifies json strings and replaces the {} with {ldelim}{rdelim}
4) change your tags on json to something unique:
Code:
<div data-state="{{'key':'This is an example'}}"></div>

then use a prefilter to search and replace the {{}} to normal tags
5) if using smarty 3, add spaces:
Code:
<div data-state="{ 'key':'This is an example' }"></div>

option #3 does not require changes to the template, option #4 might be most practical.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: