Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Debug Console. Each page opens new console window

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larry1301
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Debug Console. Each page opens new console window Reply with quote

The default action of the Debug Console is that every time you visit a new page while debugging, a new Console Window is opened.

While some may like that action, others, like me, consider it to be a royal PITA. Having to close zillions of Console Windows is not my idea of fun. I searched for a solution in the forums, but apparently I may be the only one that dislikes this action as I found no solutions for this.

After some digging, I found that this window is opened in the JS debug.tpl.

Code:
_smarty_console = window.open("", "console{$id}", "width=680,height=600,resizable,scrollbars=yes");

The culprit is having a different window name defined by "console{$id}"

I changed this line as follows. Using a static window name makes the Debug Console use the same window every time. I also took the opportunity to make the window twice as tall for my very large monitor.

Code:
    _smarty_console = window.open("", "SmartyConsole", "width=680,height=1200,resizable,scrollbars=yes");

I am posting this in case anyone else dislikes multiple Debug Console windows like I do.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: