Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

smarty.block.parent on a specific line

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosenc
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: smarty.block.parent on a specific line Reply with quote

Hey people.

Im new to smarty and I need a little help with my code. I have removed a checkbox in a <td></td> with $smarty.block.parent.

Now I want to do the same with a <p> within another <td></td> which is the 4th <td> in the div Very Happy

Current code:

Code:
[{if $basketitem->getdBundledAmount() > 0 && ($basketitem->isBundle() || $basketitem->isDiscountArticle()) }]
   [{if $editable }]
      <td>&nbsp;</td>
   [{/if}]
[{else}]
   [{$smarty.block.parent}]
[{/if}]

Basically, all I want to know is how to structure the html elements within the code to achieve this.

Code:
[{if $basketitem->getdBundledAmount() > 0 && ($basketitem->isBundle() || $basketitem->isDiscountArticle()) }]
   [{if $editable }]
      <td>&nbsp;</td> <-- this works
      <td></td>
      <td></td>
      <td><p>&nbsp;</p></td> <-- this doesnt work / I only want to change the <p>
   [{/if}]
[{else}]
   [{$smarty.block.parent}]
[{/if}]

I obviously cant do this like in the code above. I dont want to touch anything except the fields where I have placed &nbsp:

Greetz

Last edited by nosenc on Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:49 am; edited 3 times in total
nosenc
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No ideas? Confused
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the normal use of template inheritance {block}{/block} sections of child templates do replace correponding sections in parent templates. without knowing the {block}{/block} structure of your child and parent templates it's difficult to understand what you want to do.

{$smarty.block.parent} can only be used within a {block}{/block} section of a child template. It does reference the correponding section in the parent template.

Please provide more information about your template structure.
nosenc
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have edited my second code for better understanding. I just want to change whats within the <p>
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: