Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

New to SMARTY DB Images not displaying

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsherman
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: New to SMARTY DB Images not displaying Reply with quote

we moved hosting and database was in webmin now in plesk but the files are still served from a duplicated webmin/apache server. Everything is functioning as it should except db images(medium Blobs) are not displaying all of a sudden, Is there a permission issue I am not seeing what else can i check.

I am new to smarty and can not figure out why the images are not displaying as they did before. the src attribute for the image is as follows:/core/houses/?SimpleGalleryAction=renderThumbnailById&SimpleGalleryImageId=81ed6db96ef2bbab38b3f3fdf1db779d.
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please translate it to English?
And explain, how your question about hosting panels is relevant to Smarty?
jsherman
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Images are Stored in the database using Smarty Templates and scripting as bin in Medium Blob form (Going in Fine), however they are not rendering on the public side and the src in the <IMAGE> tag is showing query-string URL with no extension. I have checked MIME-Types on the server and with the debugger and compiling and all the wonderful features of the template engine(Smarty) was not sure if there was possibly something I was missing with tmp (cache) directories or compiling that would need to be completed to allow the smarty template engine to render these Images to the public-side or admin-side of the system. The file server is the same server serving the files and the only difference in the database server is a newer version of MYSQL...I'm Stummped and do not even know what direction to look in...Does Smarty Template Engine Require ImageMagic to be installed on the server This application may use the convert function, and if so when the site was moved could this be the cause why Smarty is not displaying the Images?
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your images are "stored" in the database as smarty template code, you need a custom template source handler to pull them from database.
It all is in documentation.
http://www.smarty.net/docs/en/resources.custom.tpl
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnrDaemon wrote:
If your images are "stored" in the database as smarty template code, you need a custom template source handler to pull them from database.
It all is in documentation.
http://www.smarty.net/docs/en/resources.custom.tpl

This answer missed the point.

1. It did work on the old server
2. Smarty does not generate compilation errors

Smarty itself has no functions to to process images.
But your application may require ImageMagic.
Have you checked your error logs?

Anyway we can't help you here as it's an application problem
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: