Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Not creating/updating templates_c

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elrobbo6
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Not creating/updating templates_c Reply with quote

I have tried everything I could find online about this issue and it is still not working. Smarty is just not updating the template_c files. I even tried creating a new template and it didn't create a new file for it in template_c.. I have tried changing some of the config issues, I made sure the new files had current time stamps and tried deleting the contents of template_c for it to repopulate. Nothing works. Please help if someone can, thanks.
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of "finding online", investigate what is going on right under your nose.
Most likely, you have to fix your filesystem permissions.
elrobbo6
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe instead of posting a snarky comment, you should have a little class and just post what you believe could actually be useful. Also, "Finding Online" is EXACTLY what this forum is created for that you are using, if you don't like that idea then why are you here? I have already checked that, the permissions are correct.
elrobbo6
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was also something that was working properly a few months back. I have just been hired on and am faced with this issue. It just seems to no longer work. Thanks
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be if people learn to use their heads before using google, I would not need to post such comments at all?
Learn to use debug tools. At the very least, enable error reporting.
And I did post the most likely cause of your issue, if you didn't read it - not my problem.

elrobbo6 wrote:
This was also something that was working properly a few months back.

This is unrelated. It doesn't work NOW. That's your status, and you have to deal with it, not mulling over the past.
elrobbo6
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe, if you used your head before posting, people would not have to read your self absorbed comments at all? Smarty is simply not firing the proper functions, not erroring out. And I'm sorry you are so short sighted that you can't comprehend that fact that it WAS working before, meaning it was set up properly and was functioning. Which would exclude any issues caused by setup. Which means anyone who is actually trying to help people and not stroke their own ego like you are, would be able to narrow down what they think could help. Please stop wasting peoples time with your condescending comments, that is your current status and you should deal with it. Thanks
AnrDaemon
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My head is not equipped with telepatic device.
You provided exactly zero diagnostics, how could I make conclusions?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: