Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Q about module-drive website and Smarty-templates

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cptnemo
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Q about module-drive website and Smarty-templates Reply with quote

Hello there,

I'm in the process of building a module-based website, with each module living in it's own subdir, together with it's templates and everything.

For instance, for module Foo, it's directory would be 'mods/foo/', with it's template in 'mods/foo/templates/'.

How can I tell Smarty to look for that template in that dir? I have the module dir in a var, relative from the site's root directory.
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone else may have a better idea but to get you started:

i) you can register your mods directory as your template dir. Then your mods would call templates via sth like "foo/templates/blah.tpl".

ii) you can create a custom resource which encodes your path characteristics allowing you to call your templates with a prescribed syntax, eg: "mod:foo/blah.tpl". The resource would then map this request to the appropriate location.
cptnemo
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I eventually got it working, but I ran into some new problems... See http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?p=4708#4708.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: