Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Create directories if not found

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piedone
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Create directories if not found Reply with quote

I'm very satisfied with Smarty, it's a wonderful thing to use. I only have one little feature request, of you are very bored Smile. it would be useful, that if not found, Smarty created the directories set for compile/cache dirs. Then, for example it would be easy to delete all cache or compiled template files (E.g. after a design change. Then $compile_check could be set to false, since all template files have to be regenerated. It would be unnecessary to set $compile_check true and wait till the visitors visited each individual page of the website to let Smarty recompile all templates.)

What do you think?
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just empty the compile and cache folders but don't delete them after the modification of the templates. You can then set compile_check false.
Piedone
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U.Tews wrote:
Just empty the compile and cache folders but don't delete them after the modification of the templates. You can then set compile_check false.

Sorry, I wasn't precise enough. My directory structure is (and I think not just mine), that I have a central template/template_c/config/cache directory. For the individual subpages or programs of my website there are subdirectories in these folders, e.g.: cache/forum, cache/message_board etc. This way, if I change the design and I want compile_check to be set to false (not to have to set it true again, if I assume that all of the templates were newly compiled, and to be sure that all will be newly compiled) I have to empty all subdirectories.

Anyway, this is only one and maybe very particular example. I think it would be handy, that if Smarty checks the existence of the various folder anyway, instead of printing an error message it would create it. (Of course this doesn't apply to the template folders, since they are necessary and must contain the templates.)

Don't take it wrong: I don't want to be pretentious. I just think with such a function Smarty would be even better, with only a minor change.
bimal
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Installer Reply with quote

Rather, you can think of making an independent installer, whould would do everything you wanted, just before running your application.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: