Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

interesting popup problem

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
amadonbass
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:15 am    Post subject: interesting popup problem Reply with quote

I've only been using smarty for about an hour now and I've noticed something doesn't quite work right. It may be due to my testing / dev platform. I'm using using the DevPHP IDE to compile Smarty.

Ok, now when I put a popup on a link it works just fine, but when I scroll down in the ducument, the popup div doesn't move with the scrolling. So when I hover over a link further down my page the popup displays higher up, and if I go down even farther it displays out of view.

I made some example images so you can see what I'm talking about.

note where the popup comes up compared to the AWD link. Is this because of my dev platform or is this a known issue?

any help is mucho appreciated.
alan
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you could post the appropriate bits of both the template and the compiled template.

Also check your browser - which one do you use? - I have known popup to fail in various browsers.

And make sure your popup code is unalduterated and that any other javascripts are not inserting conflicting code.
amadonbass
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also check your browser - which one do you use?

I'm using IE6 on win98 Rolling Eyes and like I said, i'm compiling the PHP code with PHP 4.3.3 usung DevPHP. 'cause I'm too much of a lazy dumbass to get PHP working properly on win98..

I have no other javascript running on that test page..

here's the code in index.tpl that calls the content:
Quote:
<div id="post"><b>
<a href="http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/awd" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" {popup text="displays fine unscrolled" snapx=10 snapy=10}> AWD</a>
{$Content}</b>

the content is defined in the index.php like this

Quote:
$smarty->assign("Content","
<p>
blahblah large chunk of content goes here,
</p>
");

and the bottom link is the same link as the top, just farther down. When I compiled overlib's official PHP release, it did the same thing. So could it be IE?

well, if I get fed up with it, I could just work arouns it and make the content area a scrollable div so it never has to scroll globally. lol, DAMNIT! I JUST WANT IT TO WORK! Evil or Very Mad
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested on the two boxes in front of me, and can not reproduce this issue. It should be noted that this is almost certainly a problem with the cross-platform support of overlib which is the 3rd party library that is used to manage the popups. Smarty actually only provides the plugins to access the overlib library and no longer bundles the library itself directly with the Smarty distribution.

Unfortunately, the main web site for overlib appears to be down. But you can probably Google for more info.

Tested on:
1] - w2k [5.00.2195] sp4
- ie 6.0.2800.1106 [all updates]
2] - Mandrake 9.1
- FireBird 0.7 (pre-release nightly build)

Tested with overlib 3.50 and Smarty 2.6.0 CVS (essentially 2.6.0 RC2)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: