Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Extending Smarty and the Smarty_Compiler

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mankyd
Smarty Regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Extending Smarty and the Smarty_Compiler Reply with quote

I've been working with an extended version of the Smarty class for a few days now and had to write a prefilter plugin recently. I've just discovered, however, that the Smarty_Compiler class does not have access to the public variables that I put into my extended Smarty class.

This is because the Smarty_Compiler extends Smarty directly and when Smarty instantiates a compiler, it transfers some of its public variables, but not all of its public variables - those that I created in my extended class get left behind!

I am working on a solution for this, but it would be really nice if there was some sort of mechanism for classes that extend the Smarty to pass member variables into the Smarty compiler as well.

Thanks!
xho
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:57 am    Post subject: Quite similar req Reply with quote

Hi almost agree with previous, as a solution i only find out i could access the variables $compiler_file and $compiler_class inside smarty_class.
I didn't try, but what I actually need is quite simple, and change the whole compiler file seems too much: i should actually copy the original and substitute the few things i would like to be different in a particular project.

I suggest at least to give public access to some comiler stuff, like the regular expressions used in compiler to isolate smarty code.
I would like at least to have public access to this content

Code:

preg_match_all("~{$ldq}\s*(.*?)\s*{$rdq}~s", $source_content, $_match);

and following:

Code:

$text_blocks = preg_split("~{$ldq}.*?{$rdq}~s", $source_content);

in order to change the first parameeter in preg funcions.

So anybody could change the way the file is parsed and have further customization on delimiters' behaviour.

Bye.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: