Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Problem with IE

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raoh980
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Problem with IE Reply with quote

I have problem with IE and Smarty

Try to take a look here with IE
http://www.minorleague.it/ml_5/player.php?act=dir
and then with Firefox, Opera, Safari etc.

The right menu in IE is a mess.
I'm sure that the problem is "triggered" by Smarty, because if I copy all the html code in a new page, without using the smarty engine, all works fine even in IE.

I use the include command to insert the menu code, because if I change it, i have to modify only one file .tpl
Code:
<div id="sidebar1">
         {include file="menu.tpl"}
<!-- end #sidebar1 --></div>

In some way there's a problem when the html code is generated, i think.
Why this, but most importantly, how can i avoid it ?

Thanks and sorry for the bad english!
shannera
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare the HTML code generated by Smarty with the HTML code that works fine in your browser with an appopiate diff/comparison tool, and then see whats different.

Smarty don't know about browsers and even nothing about HTML, you can use Smarty to generate plaintext, XML, HTML and any other text-based files, so all depends on your templates and the generated output. So in your case, it's most likely there is an error in your templates.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: