Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

no php in templates :)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnson
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: no php in templates :) Reply with quote

After few open source projects that were using smarty I was forced to learn smarty and that finally teched me not to put php code in template files Smile

site: www.velikibrat.com was able to handle more then 10k visits per day coz of caching capabilities
bimal
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:12 am    Post subject: Never use {php} tag Reply with quote

Be sure to monitor your learner programmers. If they happen to learn {php} tags, they will try to use it without thinking on the possible impacts. This makes their core hand coding easier, but a good and scalable template.

Even in many advanced apps, {php} tag is NOT really necessary. Just, refine your work and think in great. Hardly, very few things need this tag.

Be sure of it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: