Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Referring User to a page if they have come from a specific

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j.smith1981
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Referring User to a page if they have come from a specific Reply with quote

Sorry the title didnt allow me to put in the last word.

But is it possible to get within smarty tpl files, to make the user, I have a checkout process in X Cart version 4.1.11 (the most up to date of the v4 system at the time of installation for a few modules we have included).

Anyways back to the main question.

Is it possible in tpl files, in JavaScript or something, when the user has gone through the checkout process, their waiting to click submit, only to find when they signed up their shipping address information is incorrect.

They then click on the modify profile link, (at the moment when they click submit, it doesnt work, thats in another post of mine), it goes back to the same page, this might annoy some users.

What I was proposing to do (excuse spelling), is when they have entered their correct profile info, is to redirect them back to the stage they where at with the checkout process, as not to annoy them too much.

Is this possible?

Thanks for your help in advance,
Jeremy.
jothirajan
Smarty Pro

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Yes you can Reply with quote

Make use of the session concept.. Thats the correct way to get down this problem.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: