Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

auto cache_id

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shuther
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: auto cache_id Reply with quote

I am not sure that it is doesn't exist, but it should interest a lot of people.
Here is the thing : each .php file has just:
Code:
$smarty->display('index.tpl')

And the index.tpl contains the required includes of the main body (.tpl) and some (.php) files.
Now, when I use the $smarty->display, I don't know which cache_id I should use. but when the display is finshed (the called function), I know them.
I think we could add a function (a plugin or something else) that we could call in a .tpl file like this:
Code:
{addCacheId('username', $userid)}
{addCacheId('skin', 'skin01')}

and to get a cache_id=serialize(the_array_above) automatically (the smarty jobs)?
Do you think it is something we could do?
messju
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: auto cache_id Reply with quote

shuther wrote:
Do you think it is something we could do?

i don't think we could. we would have to travel back in time and call display() again with the obtained cache_id from the future.
shuther
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: How to implement it. Reply with quote

Here is the thing.
The first time, we generate an array of variables that makes the page different, such as:

array('username' => 'user1',
    'SID' => '3243423435353446765', ...)

Then, we serialize it somewhere
When we want to load the cache again, we take the array of the elements required:
    array('username' ,
    'SID' , ...)

And for each element, we call a function registered (for each element of the array) in smarty, for example:
Code:

$val = $this->LoadCacheParameters($key);

Where $key would be 'username', ....; and $val will be put in the array;
then, we can figure out if the page has been cached or not (if the array is a cache_id).

I am not sure I am clear, but what do you think about the algorithm.

?>[/php]
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cache_id must be known before display() is called. This shouldn't be difficult to do, write a PHP function that figures it out the way you want.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Feature Requests All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: