Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

WHY OH WHY

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aninternetprogrammer
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: WHY OH WHY Reply with quote

It looks like I just got a client that wants me to use Smarty Templates.

Why? Really is PHP not good enough... you gotta go ahead and invent a whole new syntax to learn? What is up with that? Too much time on your hands? Just want to prove how clever you are?

Ugh. Well, money is money and I am such a ho.
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the laugh. there are plenty of resources to explain the benefits of Smarty. If you don't like it, talk your client into skipping it. If your client insists, maybe he should find a developer less cynical.
douglassdavis
Smarty Junkie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY OH WHY Reply with quote

aninternetprogrammer wrote:
It looks like I just got a client that wants me to use Smarty Templates.

Why? Really is PHP not good enough... you gotta go ahead and invent a whole new syntax to learn? What is up with that? Too much time on your hands? Just want to prove how clever you are?

Ugh. Well, money is money and I am such a ho.

Is C++ and CGI too good for you nowadays? You people and all your elitist PHP fancy talk . I already know your type... Rolling Eyes
bimal
Smarty Elite

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:04 pm    Post subject: There is a need Reply with quote

I would just say - if there weren't the needs, Smarty would not have come.
It is how you use it. You learned the syntaxes already does not mean that the client too should learn it.

Money paid to future maintenance can be used to develop well structured system now.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Testimonials All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: