Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Changing variable between template

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kofi_kari_kari
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Changing variable between template Reply with quote

Hi there!

I'm currently working on a smarty template "tree". I have a parent template that have children and grand children.
I created variables at the parent level and I can use them in the children and grand children template. However, when I change the value of the variables in the children or grand children template, the value doesn't change at the parent level.

Is there a mean of doing so? I would like to be able to change, in a children template, the value of a variable, created in a parent level, and to be able to use this changed value in the parent level.

I tried everything:
{assign var="foo" value="whatever" scope="global"}
{assign var="foo" value="whatever" scope="root"}

But it doesn't seem to work

Many thanks for your help.
U.Tews
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you use template inheritance, as you talk about parent and child templates?

Note that at template inheritace in the child templates everything outside {block}...{/block} tags is ignored.
kofi_kari_kari
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I tried to use this features but it doesn't seem to solve my problem. I change the way I'm doing it. I use the variable in the php program and it work fine in smarty now.

Thank you
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Tips and Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: