Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Guestbook sample

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigjoe11a
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Guestbook sample Reply with quote

I didn't know where else to post this. So if I'm in the wrong forum. Please move it to the right forum.

Any way I downloaded and setup the sample guestbook that you have on the main page. and I'm sure I got all the pages. I just keep getting a lot of undefined indexes.

index.php

undefined index : $row on line 130
Add Entry
undefined index : $Name on line 46
undefined index : $Comment on line 53

Sense I never worked with smarty before. Can some one give me an idea on what to do on how to fix this.

Joe
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the (old) guestbook example assumes E_NOTICE is disabled in PHP error_reporting. these are just notices.
bigjoe11a
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrt wrote:
the (old) guestbook example assumes E_NOTICE is disabled in PHP error_reporting. these are just notices.

Ok, So I take it there is a newer one. If so, can I have the link for it. and even with reporting on or off. I shouldn't get any notices.
mohrt
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is no newer one, this the original. the example is just to show how to make smarty work, not necessarily how to build a php app. turn on E_NOTICE, or just create the vars it makes notices on.
bigjoe11a
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mohrt wrote:
there is no newer one, this the original. the example is just to show how to make smarty work, not necessarily how to build a php app. turn on E_NOTICE, or just create the vars it makes notices on.

Ok, If I can figure out how to do that. I never used smarty before so the code is not all was coded the way your used too. I'll try.

Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: