Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

Wanted: person to build file upload for book

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Help Wanted (commercial)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrohrer
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Wanted: person to build file upload for book Reply with quote

Work is limited to US Citizens because this is taxpayer funded (sorry)
Hi - I'm developing an online book using php/smarty. This is my first major php project, and i'm falling behind schedule, so my company is looking at hiring one or more smarty experts for short-term contract work. The task(s) need to be started immediately and will likely only take a few days of work. More work may be possible, depending upon how well this initial work turns-out.

This first project is the development of a smarty encased file upload service. I would expect that the solution would involve taking a proven open-source file-upload program and creating a good smarty interface and documentation.

The concept of operations is that an author of a page may upload an image file or document file (like excel) to be associated with that page. Although users have unique logins, I don't have a requirement to track file owners, just their page association. Currently, pages are identified by an integer number. Mysql holds the page contents, so a custom table may be available if the programmer wants to use one. I want to link to the image or file with a unique url. If two files with the exact same name are uploaded to two different pages, then the server should understand that the files are different and create different urls for them. The images and documents can have any arbitrarily obscure url (you could, say, assign each file a unique integer for a file name - thats fine), BUT, if a file is being downloaded then the default filename should be the file's original upload name.

I must emphasize - you will BE PAID MONEY for this. Of course, volunteers would also be welcome.

All work would be licensed under LGPL

Thanks,
Contact me if you are interested. I would like to make arrangements ASAP.
I can be contacted at the following:
e-mail: jj.rohrer@sparta.com
AIM: JJBigThoughts
phone: (310) 727-0950, x114 (California)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Help Wanted (commercial) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: