Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

print out value of assign from plugin before plugin is calld

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dice
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: print out value of assign from plugin before plugin is calld Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to develop an advertising system around smarty. So i came up with a plugin which when spitted out on the page looks like this:

Code:
{load_ad id=c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b}

The trouble is that inside that function i have a variabled that is assigned called AD_HEAD.

Now AD_HEAD is suppose to show up above the </head> tag.

So a basic html will look like this:

Code:

<html>
<head>
{$AD_HEAD}
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

As you can see AD_HEAD is placed higher then load_ad.

Trouble is since it is placed higher it will remain empty but when i put it lower then load_ad it will work.

How can i get this to work, or will i need to develop this differently?
douglassdavis
Smarty Junkie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: print out value of assign from plugin before plugin is c Reply with quote

Dice wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to develop an advertising system around smarty. So i came up with a plugin which when spitted out on the page looks like this:

Code:

The trouble is that inside that function i have a variabled that is assigned called AD_HEAD.

Code:

<html>
<head>
{$AD_HEAD}
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

Trouble is since it is placed higher it will remain empty but when i put it lower then load_ad it will work.

many ways, one is to do something like this:

{load_ad id=c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b assign_body='AD_BODY' assign_head='AD_HEAD'}

Give the plugin variable names to put the head and body. Put that right at the top of the page, then using the vars you can display the head and body wherever you need to. Or, less desirable from a software design standpoint is to make it automatically assign to AD_HEAD and AD_BODY without being given the variable names.
Dice
Smarty Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: print out value of assign from plugin before plugin is c Reply with quote

douglassdavis wrote:
Dice wrote:
Hi,

Code:

Code:

<html>
<head>
{$AD_HEAD}
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>

many ways, one is to do something like this:

{load_ad id=c4ca4238a0b923820dcc509a6f75849b assign_body='AD_BODY' assign_head='AD_HEAD'}

Give the plugin variable names to put the head and body. Put that right at the top of the page, then using the vars you can display the head and body wherever you need to. Or, less desirable from a software design standpoint is to make it automatically assign to AD_HEAD and AD_BODY without being given the variable names.
Trouble is i only want to write it in once. Which is the load_ad function since there will be multiple ads no the page and if the ad has header code it gets appended to ad_head.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Plugins All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: