Smarty Forum Index Smarty
WARNING: All discussion is moving to https://reddit.com/r/smarty, please go there! This forum will be closing soon.

newbie can't get Smarty to work (with Demo)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lewb
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: newbie can't get Smarty to work (with Demo) Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just downloaded Smarty 2.62 on Windows XP. Uses IIS5.1 and Zend Studio. I start debugging with index.tpl; creates new Smarty instance, but SMARTY_DIR is set to "../libs\", which looks a little weird. Then it can't find files, although the pathnames in error messages look ok, except for the weird beginnings (../libs\).

Error msgs like this:
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fetch(../libs\core\core.get_microtime.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>../libs/Smarty.class.php</b> on line <b>1157</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>: _get_auto_filename(../libs\core\core.get_include_path.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>../libs/Smarty.class.php</b> on line <b>1780</b><br />
<br />
etc., etc....

Can someone point me in the right direction? Smarty looks like the way to go, if I can just get this thing started Smile
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Set the constant SMARTY_DIR to the absolute path where you installed the smarty/libs directory prior to requiring the Smarty class file.
lewb
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Boots. That worked.

But now Demo not only cannot find index.tpl, but also says that "$compile_dir 'templates_c' ...does not exist, or is not a directory".

Zend Studio shows that $compile_dir 'templates_c' does contain the absolute pathname. ($compile_dir = "d:\\php\\smarty\\smarty-2.6.2\\demo\\templates_c\\"Wink. And directory templates_c really does exist at that pathname.

Part of the problem could be my inability to properly set permissions on my Windows XP Pro operating system.

I really appreciate your help, and know I may be on the edge of success.. Very Happy
boots
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi lewb,

Sounds like this might help you: http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=1519 and this recent one http://www.phpinsider.com/smarty-forum/viewtopic.php?t=2168
lewb
Smarty n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, boots. Safe_mode wasn't set, but that certainly was the 'likeliest' candidate.

I succeeded when I assigned absolute pathnames to each of the four directory variables (like $smarty.compile_dir).

Now I'll give Smarty a workout Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Smarty Forum Index -> Installation and Setup All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: